Morning Class: Renegade Ribbings & Edges
Why do we knit ribbing, and how do we keep it from being boring? We'll learn how to swap out plain old ribbing every-which-way in just about any pattern! Learn the best substitutes, how to decide which is best for the project, and how to do the math to make it work.
- Spice up classic patterns with slight adjustments
- Exercise your creativity by using a pattern as a springboard
- Learn how to predict the results of a ribbing modification
- Take an edge from standard to smashing
Class includes a free pattern to practice what you learn and handouts with mix and match ribbing alternatives for all sorts of projects!
Afternoon Class: Matchmaker, Matchmaker
Pairing the perfect color, texture, and yarn can be as complicated as matchmaking. Many knitters run afoul of their true project love because they've picked the wrong partners for their projects. There is a reason that color, texture, and yarn choice must work together to get the look you want, and we'll talk about how and why to make sure you pick the right ones every time. We'll be using non-fiber art supplies to help illustrate and practice the concepts.
- Which comes first, color or texture?
- How to substitute successfully
- How to tell if you're on the wrong track
Class includes a free pattern download and handouts to help you remember what is covered.